Going to the Theater!

So, after quite extensive work I finished my entry for the contest... the script actually took longer than expected... but I'm really proud of what I made... I met with the person I had to give it to, and everything was ready, until today when I got a call to tell me that my cd didn't work! I'm glad I decided to load it on my usb drive... going to my house to get it and going to their office would have been quite a mess... Now all I have to do is wait... well, kind of.... I'm going to the closing acts of the event tomorrow and they will announce the winners there. They'll have an event in one of my favorite places in the whole city, the Manuel Bonilla Theater...
Photobucket
(Photo taken from La Tribuna)

The Manuel Bonilla Theater was finished in 1915, ten years after it was started. At first it was supposed to be named Teatro Cervantes in honor of the 300th anniversary of the apparition of Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra´s Don Quijote de la Mancha. But by the time it was finished they changed their mind and named it in memoriam of his founder former president Manuel Bonilla. It´s a really beautiful building, and I just love going there, though I barely do anymore. Mainly because is a bit far from my house and also because most of the things I´d love to go see are in really weird days...

So tomorrow I´m going there, see the whole thing, and maybe my work was good enough and made it in the top 3... (I´m crossing my fingers), maybe I´ll get some pictures from the inside of the theater.

0 comments:

Post a Comment