Rio Platano Contest; Ups and downs...

This is going to be a short post, because I'm tired... But I didn't want to skip another day.
I've been working like crazy all day on this really important thing I have to finish tomorrow, and I only have like one third of it, hopefully that would be a good thing once I'm done with the rest...

About a week ago I found out about this contest (Link in spanish) for journalism and communications students, the point is to make a 3 minute radio show about the the Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve to create conscience on the importance of the biosphere and motivate Hondurans to participate actively in its protection. I decided to email them with my inscription, but i didn't do any work... until two days, that i received a call from them to ask me if I had already finished it... and then I thought that I didn't have anything to lose. So now I'm working hard on it, with very little time! Let's hope it all goes well, I have the background music and sound effects ready and i just need to get the script right, then record it and mix it.

I'm really excited about it, talking about the Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve is a really big thing at this moment in Honduras, with the New 7 Wonders of Nature nomination, and actually being in position 21 at the moment! It certainly does make you feel proud of being Honduran. Although with the quite exhausting research that I did today I sadly found out that information about it is very hard to find, not online, but at least at my University's Library. I spent about three hours looking for books, magazines or pretty anything that mentioned it, and all I found were two really vague books, that didn't have any interesting information, and in the end I finally decided to look for the decree where the biosphere was established as a national reserve, just to make my time worth it... It's sad to see how little the people know about it, but then again that's the reason of this contest, to make people realize the importance of it, not only for Hondurans but also for the rest of the world.

1 comments:

Carloslfigueroa said...
April 17, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Fijate que hace unas 2 semanas me meti tambien a ese pedo, tanto asi que estoy buscando informacion amplia sobre el asunto para redactar un buen documento, esto incitado tambien por la nomina en las 7 nuevas maravillas del mundo natural, me alegra que tambien tengas interes, saludos vos :P

Post a Comment