To blog or not to blog?

Lately, I've been working a little in the blog's backstage, nothing really important, just analizing a bit of the data that I've been getting.... I've realized that a "worked" blog is not as simple as an improvised one... Analizing all these data, and keywords and trying to figure out what widgets and things work... and which ones don't... it's a bit annoying...

But I do like all the work it involves... I guess it has to do with the sense of pride you get...
A blog might not be the most important thing in the world... and many people would still ask me "What's a blog?"(Yeah, they do ask me that.... even owning a laptop with wifi....) but I think it's a good way to vent, or comment on subjects that some people might be curious about, but they've never dared to ask... Like my brother today, asking me about the Cinco de Mayo post....

I still remember when I started to hear about blogs a couple of years ago... it seemed to me like this really silly idea... I mean, why would people read what you have to say... there's much more interesting things to do online... but hey, it could turn out that what you have to say, actually makes sense for someone on the other side of the world.... or maybe it doesn't, but they find it entertaining, silly, or just annoying...

As a journalism student, I think it's a good way to pretend to be one... and also practice my english a bit more (yes, even more!)

I'm still wondering who's reading this blog... I know of a couple of people that check it regularly but there are a few regulars that I have no idea who they are, how they got here, and why they come back...
Leave a comment or just a hi!... I'm eager to hear from you...

2 comments:

Hannah said...
March 16, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I have stayed up entirely too late reading your whole blog, haha. But what can I say, I'm a blog addict! ;)

I used to think they were silly too. If only we could convince everyone else in Honduras how fantastic they really are! :)

Alejandra said...
March 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM

LOL...
Thank you for taking the time ;) Yup, blogs are that addictive... Convincing people here of that it's going to take a while, though I've made a couple of converts... :-p

Post a Comment