Back to School...

So after, very boring, four weeks I´m going back to school.. the term starts tomorrow at last!
We were supposed to start last week but they decided to delayed it, I´m not entirely sure why; I´m guessing it had to do with an explosion in one of the buildings a couple of weeks ago...

The Pharmacy and Chemistry Building, the oldest building in the university, exploded after apparently the exposure of some chemicals to the heat. About 90% of the inside of the building was destroyed, but since the classes had finished a couple of weeks before there were no students or teachers there...

No other buildings were damaged but they were ruling out contamination on the rest of the campus. The last I heard was that they were getting rid of all the food from the cafeterias. So I´m guessing everything will be just back to normal tomorrow.

To be honest, the days off weren´t so boring, I did managed to get a lot done that I wasn´t really planning to...

The Ravelympics were a blast!
I actually finished 3 projects... and got to try spinning and finished two tiny yarns, about 7 yards each but I only had very little roving... The socks came out great!

Here, have a look at my lovely projects (Ok, almost all of them... there´s a bracelet made with the new handspun yarn, that looks funky...)



Also got to make a bunch of things for my cousins last week... One of them wanted me to make her a hat and I ended up making 2 hats, a headband and two bracelets for them... leaving my shawl abandoned...



0 comments:

Post a Comment