Test-knitting a sun that looks like a flower

Soooooo, I was checking the forums on my Ravelry groups and I found an open request for test-knitters and since my plan to conquer the world involves knitting at some point :-p I decided to apply for it... it was for a lovely sun-shaped cushion...

Now, you may be asking why I say that mine looks like a flower, well, mostly because is pink and that doesn't help it look like a sun :-p I honestly loved the whole knitting process it was so much fun, I've never done any test-knitting before and had so much fun...

I still have to email the designer to inform her what I think of it, but the truth is that the pattern was great, easy and quick (bulky yarn is great, and when u lack of it, three strands of worsted weight yarn do the trick... )

I made a mistake on the first "bright side of the sun" but that was my fault, I messed up
somewhere and was never able to get it right... nothing that ruined my pillow though, it was just a random extra stitch that I never actually found whenever I tried to fix it...

When I got to the other side everything was fine, maybe because I decided not to stress about it, and not once I ended with the infamous random extra stitch :D

Also, I killed a couple of cushions to fill the sun/flower cushion, because my mom decided it was better to use that instead of the stuffing I know I have somewhere in my closet :-p

I tell you, it was fun! And it's great to be the first one to knit a pattern :D
I'll post the link of the pattern once its out there...

ETA. The pattern is now available on Ravelry here

5 comments:

Hannah said...
March 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Hi! I just found you on Etsy and I am so excited to find another crafty person in Honduras. :) I moved here with my husband last year. I am opening an invitation store in Tegus in the next couple of weeks and am thinking about opening an Etsy store too.

Love your blog, and your jewelry too! :)

-Hannah
http://adventuresofhannahandcharlie.blogspot.com/

Ale said...
March 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM

:D Hi!

You should open one! They are so much fun! :-p I'm playing with mine at the moment... planning world domination and stuff like that :-p (World domination by crafting, huh?)

Thanks for your sweets comments and I'd love to see your store!!!

I know how it feels to find a rare crafter once in a while here... It's so exciting!

theknittinglamb said...
April 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

That pattern is so much fun - be sure to update when it's published!

Alejandra said...
April 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Don't worry, I will... It's a great pattern...

Alejandra said...
April 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Hi theknittinglamb, I just wanted to let you know that the pattern is available now, I'll go add the link to this post...

Post a Comment