7.1 magnitude earthquake hits Honduras

Around my house everything seems to be fine, my parents didn´t feel it (They are asleep)...

There is some mixed information about San Pedro Sula so far, but I´m getting most of my information from friends or twitter so that´s not entirely objective... We are on Tsunami watch, the epicenter was just a few miles from Bay Islands so I guess that´s were there could be more damage...

I´m just watching CNN but there´s no much information, beyond that there has been a 7.1 earthquake in Honduras... I´ll keep you informed later today... Now I should go to bed, it´s really late!

Ok, just a bit of an update on CNN... It seems a bridge between San Pedro Sula and Yoro may have suffered serious damage and a Comayagua´s Cathedral had some damage too... and there are electricity problems in the north coast... Also a fire in San Pedro Sula, in Barrio Medina, apparently in a big store and some people injured in a Maquila...

3 comments:

SumpinElse said...
May 30, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Hope all is well. Have not seen any updates on CNN.

Karen said...
May 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I hope your family is safe! Take care-

Alejandra said...
May 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Thanks guys... Everything is well with my family... Nothing major happened in Tegucigalpa... My friends in the north coast were really scared and there has been more activity in the last couple of days... about 5 more quakes, not as strong as the first one... Hopefully everything will go back to normal soon...

Post a Comment